• Motorcycle's History

    Wooden motorized bicycle was named Reitwagen (riding car) and is the world's first motorcycle. Maybach try Reitwagen distance of 3 miles along the River Neckar, from Cannstatt to Untert├╝rkheim, with a speed of 12 kilometers per hour ...

    read-more
  • Ariel

    Ariel is a brand of bicycle, motorcycle, and automobile-based British Bournbrook, Brimingham, England. In 1902, Components Ltd. has 2 divisions Ariel: Ariel Cycle Company and Ariel Motor Company. Ariel Cycle Company of concentration on the production of motorcycles, three wheel motorcycle, and Quadracircle (four-wheeled motorcycle) while the Ariel Motor Company to concentrate on automobile production. Automobile production was moved to Coventry in 1911. The company name is then used again in 1999 to Ariel ltd as a manufacturer of sports cars....

    read-more
  • BSA (Birmingham Small Arms)

    BSA was founded in 1863 and began motorcycle division was established in 1880. The first motorized bike was launched in 1905 with a small Minerva engine attached to it. BSA has a good reputation for a reliable bike and successfully grow with the introduction of S27 (also known as a model Sloper). It was produced for 10 years and is available in 350cc, 500cc and 595cc engines. Throughout the production of slightly modified so that the original design became popular...

    read-more
  • Excelsior

    Excelsior 7-C made ​​in 1913 is one of the motorcycle models from Schwinn Excelsior brand owners. Excelsior is one of the biggest names in the early days of the motor industry, and its popularity to compete with Indian and Harley-Davidson...

    read-more
Previous Next

Ariel 3 12 hp (1915)

Posted by Welcome Bikkers! On - - 0 komentar

Make: Ariel

Type: 3 1/2 hp

Year: 1915

CC: 500

Cylinder: 1

Description
Components Ltd. the Ariel parent company, had been involved in producing motorized vehicles since 1898.
For the 1910 season a radical change occurred in the motorcycle range.
All previous models were discontinued and were replaced by 3 ? HP machines that would remain in production for the next 15 years: the T-head White & Poppe engine, in which the inlet and exhaust valves were placed an extraordinarily 4 ? inches apart.
Because of this the new machines soon gained the nickname of ? the Ariels with valves a-mile-apart?.
The new models proved very popular with motorcycle enthusiasts and in 1911 Components Ltd. bought the patents rights of the engine and started producing the power unit itself, at the same time increasing the bore to enlarge the swept volume from 482cc to 498 cc.
In 1914 a three-speed countershaft gearbox was added.
The primary chain drive is housed in a neat cast aluminum cover and clutch control is by foot pedal. Secondary transmission is by belt.
Comfortable spring seat is a practical detail!








Categories:

Leave a Reply