• Motorcycle's History

    Wooden motorized bicycle was named Reitwagen (riding car) and is the world's first motorcycle. Maybach try Reitwagen distance of 3 miles along the River Neckar, from Cannstatt to Untertürkheim, with a speed of 12 kilometers per hour ...

    read-more
  • Ariel

    Ariel is a brand of bicycle, motorcycle, and automobile-based British Bournbrook, Brimingham, England. In 1902, Components Ltd. has 2 divisions Ariel: Ariel Cycle Company and Ariel Motor Company. Ariel Cycle Company of concentration on the production of motorcycles, three wheel motorcycle, and Quadracircle (four-wheeled motorcycle) while the Ariel Motor Company to concentrate on automobile production. Automobile production was moved to Coventry in 1911. The company name is then used again in 1999 to Ariel ltd as a manufacturer of sports cars....

    read-more
  • BSA (Birmingham Small Arms)

    BSA was founded in 1863 and began motorcycle division was established in 1880. The first motorized bike was launched in 1905 with a small Minerva engine attached to it. BSA has a good reputation for a reliable bike and successfully grow with the introduction of S27 (also known as a model Sloper). It was produced for 10 years and is available in 350cc, 500cc and 595cc engines. Throughout the production of slightly modified so that the original design became popular...

    read-more
  • Excelsior

    Excelsior 7-C made ​​in 1913 is one of the motorcycle models from Schwinn Excelsior brand owners. Excelsior is one of the biggest names in the early days of the motor industry, and its popularity to compete with Indian and Harley-Davidson...

    read-more
Previous Next

AJS A twin (1915)

Posted by Welcome Bikkers! On - - 0 komentar

AJS A twin (1915) - Detail
Make      : AJS

Type       : A twin

Year       : 1915

CC         : 550

Cylinder  : 2

Description

AJS 1915 550 cc Model A side valve V-twin frame# 291 engine# 5872

The four Stevens brothers had been in motorcycle manufacturing since the final years of the 19th century, but only in 1911 their first complete ?AJS? motorcycle, a 298 cc twospeeder, was marketed. For the 1912 season their first V- twin, the model D, was brought out. In the 1914 Junior TT a magnificent first and second place was scored. The company moved to new premises at Graisely House, Wolverhampton. The 1915 range consisted out of three models; the sporty 2 ? HP single, the medium weight 4 HP ( 550 cc) twin model A and as top of the range the 6 HP model D. A new feature on all 1915 models was the so called ?AJS scientific frame? with straight top tube sloping from head to seat lug, eliminating the use of bent tubes. This gives the petrol tank a slightly wedged- shaped appearance. Brampton patent spring forks are used on both V-twin models. Some other features are: three speed countershaft gearbox, completely enclosed chains and internal expanding rear brake. An American Splitdorf magneto takes care of the ignition: the Bosch magneto was not available anymore for British manufacturers.










Categories:

Leave a Reply